Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Date night is more than just a date






I’ve realized that life with little ones changes things. A lot. Not a shocking revelation, I know. It’s so easy to get caught up in the busy schedules and routines of kids. Not leaving too much extra time for much else. So date nights are important. Even more important than they were pre-kids. I really believe they help keep our marriage strong because it forces us to set aside time to get out and enjoy ourselves.

Even if it’s hard to make that time… Even if the food at dinner wasn’t worth the money… Even if the movie was terrible… Even if it costs more money to get a sitter… And creates more stress to get things in order for watching the little one… It’s all worth it. It’s more than just a date. It’s about getting out with the hubby and spending some quality time together. The value of that will always be greater than the cost.

We had the team’s year-end banquet this week. It was a perfect excuse to get out for a date night. Luckily for us, it was my Dad’s last night in town so naturally we put him to work watching Reese. Dinner, drinks and dancing made for a great night out with friends!

3 comments:

  1. So fun! What a nice end of year banquet. I think ours will probably be held at a beer garden, haha. Ya'll are too cute and glad you had a great night out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would kill for a regular date night! With two babies, it's not so easy.

    My BFF is a hockey wife too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree! We had a date night out with friends this weekend too and as I was sitting next to my hubby I kept looking over at him thinking how cute he is! In the daily routine of life, I don't think I've really "looked" at him closely like that in a while!

    ReplyDelete