Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Chasing Pavements

I heart Adele.

“Should I give up or should I just keep chasing pavements, even if it leads nowhere”

I also heart running. I love what a good run can do for your mood. Even if I’m dreading it before hitting the pavement, I always feel good afterwards. For me, it’s a nice escape and one that doesn’t involve constantly thinking about what the girl could be getting into. Or how much laundry needs to be done. Or how badly the bathrooms need cleaning. The list could go on and on.

Although training for the half marathon I did last week was fun (mainly because I did it with a friend, thanks H), I still prefer runs with no pressure. Of course it’s a sense of accomplishment when you shave minutes off your previous time. And it satisfies your competitive side for sure. It’s just hard to enjoy those kinds of runs for too long. I don’t want to start hating running because it’s so many things for me. It’s an escape that makes me a better person. A better mommy. A better wife.

So even if it leads nowhere, I’ll still keep chasing pavements.

On a separate note, I still can't figure out why I can't comment (on my blog or others). We have family here now but when I have more time to sit down and look at things, hopefully I'll figure it out. Thanks for the support- things are coming along, maybe slowly, but at least they're moving!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, love me some runners high too! And the best part about running, you can do it anywhere :) Have fun with you family in town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Adele. Her Rolling in the Deep is on replay all day long! I love the video too. I'm not going to lie, I emulate the dancer in the video and flail around the house ... I probably shouldn't share that!

    Check your settings. I'd hold your hand but I can't even change my header on my own. I'll ask Kym or Lindsey, they are brilliant ... and maybe try Googling it? "Can't comment in Blogger" or something?

    ReplyDelete