Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Two birds with one stone


It’s no secret that I love a good workout. From running, to circuits, to classes and everything in between. I like to push myself so I don't feel like it's a waste of my time. Also, so I don’t feel as guilty for downing an entire bag of mini eggs. Which happens much too frequently because mini eggs are out from just after Christmas to Easter. A little too long for this candy addict.

So, when I strapped Reese into the carrier last week to go for a leisurely stroll through the park, I wasn’t expecting it to double as a workout. But man was that a workout in disguise. That girl is solid. I was in serious sweat mode by the time we got home. It was like doing weighted cardio if that even exists.

It was a nice walk through the park and some fresh air for Reese all while getting in a good workout for myself. Nothing like taking out two birds with one stone.

Note: We have the Belle baby carrier and we love it! I did tons of research on these while pregnant and decided on this one over the Baby Bjorn because of one major difference. When using the Bjorn, your back/shoulders bear most of the weight which makes it less than ideal for anything longer than 15 minutes or so. With the Belle, the weight is distributed to your hips so it’s more comfortable for longer baby-wearing. At least that’s what I’ve found to be true. The one downside to the Belle is the lack of head and neck support when carrying a newborn. However, they do have an attachment now you can buy to remedy that.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, I bet that is a great workout! I can't wait til we have kids. Not because I really want a baby right now, but I can't wait to be one of those moms jogging and pushing the stroller, haha. Glad you had a good with out with the little one!

    ReplyDelete