Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

Sweden, finally!



We've finally arrived in Sweden and are starting to feel settled. What a great feeling it is to be here and breathe a bit easier (well not really literally since beaner is squishing my diaphragm in half but you get the picture). We have already made a couple trips to Ikea to get a few things for the apartment and of course baby furniture. Scott was hard at work last night putting it all together. As you can see in the pics, he did a great job! The last pic is Scott testing out the 'earmuff' things we got for beaner to wear at the hockey games. It's always so loud in the rinks so we thought these were the perfect baby accessory to keep her ears protected. According to Scott, they work great! We just did the final load of baby laundry and everything is sorted, folded and put away. I've been busy getting the place in order and must say this whole 'nesting' thing is really kicking me into gear. We have a few last minute things to do but it's almost there. Packing the hospital bag will be the last thing we need to do to prepare for beaner's big entrance. Hard to believe we will be using all of these baby things in 3 short weeks.

I have been having what I think are false labor pains the last couple of day/nights. They are absolutely no fun and I am really praying they don't last for the entire next 3 weeks. There's really nothing we can do about them as I suppose it's my body's way of preparing itself for labor and delivery. Speaking of which, we found out at our ultrasound this morning that beaner is still head down and ready to go whenever she feels it's time. I am heading to the hospital again this afternoon for a baby class and hopefully a little tour of the labor/delivery unit. Our midwife was supposed to arrange for a translator so I actually know what they are saying so we're hoping she did. Scott is at practice now so will meet me there when he's done. Hopefully after this, we will be a bit more comfortable with the hospital and systems here in Orebro.

On a hockey note, things are going really well. Scott has had 2 home exhibition games which I've been able to make it to. They tied one against a team in the top league and won against a team in the league below. Their season opener is Wednesday against a team about a half hour from here. It's a big rivalry so should be great game. Scott has been playing and feeling great too. We met and hung out with the other North American guy, Justin, and his wife Nikki. They have an 8 month old son, so that should be lots of fun.

I will post another belly pic later this week as I hit the 37 week mark! Hopefully pics of our place to follow shortly too.

No comments:

Post a Comment