Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

I'm back, finally.


Well, it has been quite a hiatus for me. At first, I decided to step away just for the summer since I was feeling a little too all over the place. Clearly, that has turned into months. In any case, I'm back and happy to be blogging again.

We are back in Cardiff now and just to recap, here is how all that went down. Most of you know the story by now but last time I was writing, we were packing up for France so obviously things changed. With my pregnancy out in the open, the team was having a hard time agreeing to issuing full health insurance for the entire time we would be in France. Obviously, this was a big problem since I would have been around 20 weeks when we arrived. It was an extremely frustrating process since we had agreed and signed a contract with the team stating full insurance would be issued for player and family. They basically tried getting around this by claiming pregnancy was not part of healthcare. Really?! I mean because that would make absolutely zero sense. Insert sarcasm. So with that big wrench thrown into our plans, we quickly worked toward a settlement and began our search for a new team. Since July is late in the game (for European hockey) and with the pregnancy well under way, we weren't in a position to sit around and wait. Unfortunately a common practice in this lifestyle. Luckily, Cardiff reached out to Scott expressing interest in having him back. A deal was struck, contract signed, and here we are, back in Cardiff. Happy to be back on familiar ground most definitely.

1 comment:

  1. Love that you are happy and settled after that mess. Insane! I am glad you didn't go there after all and try to deal with them being, obviously, not a professionally run hockey team. Glad you are back and wishing you all the best this season!

    ReplyDelete