Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

I love you to the moon and back.

Me and my girl



My Mom and hers

With Mother’s Day just around the corner, I find myself feeling a little conflicted. On one hand, I’m overjoyed to be celebrating motherhood as a mother myself. It’s a gift I’m so grateful for. One that has brought on this all-consuming love for my child since the moment she was born. I’m proud to be a mother. To be her mother.

On the other hand, I can’t help but be overcome with this deep sense of sadness and longing for my own mother. Simply, I miss her. It breaks my heart knowing my daughter will never know her but through the stories I share with her. That she won’t feel her love. A love I know so well.

Although I know I will forever miss her, I don’t want to be sad when I think of her; I want to be happy. I want to celebrate the woman she was. I want to celebrate the woman I am, because of her. She guided me through life with an unfailing love and support. The kind of love and support I want to show my children. I can only hope to be the kind of mother she was to me.

So this Mother’s Day, I will celebrate being a Mom and honor my own mother, knowing she was the best example.

To you, Mom, I love you to the moon and back. Always.

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet post :) Happy Mother's Day to you, and a great tribute to your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just brought tears to my eyes. I'm a sucker for heartfelt, honest writing. Happy Mother's Day, I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Catie, I love this post. This is a great tribute to Mary. She would had been be so happy and proud to see the great woman and mother you have turned to be. I think she smiles when she sees you from where ever she is. Happy Mother's Day and lots of love to you, Scott and Reese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks TGN!

    HW- Happy Mother's Day to you too! Hope your guys spoil you today :)

    AM- Thanks for your sweet words! I sure hope she is smiling :) Sending lots of love to you and UR too!! xo

    ReplyDelete