Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Mommy's Birthday





Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to Mommy,
Happy Birthday to you.

Reese and I want to wish Mommy a wonderful 29th birthday. I've been very busy the past day or so baking my first birthday cake with homemade Swiss buttercream frosting. We each just had a large afternoon piece to mark the occasion. Let me say...yum, yum!! We've saved a couple of pieces for later and packed the rest to bring to the rink to be demolished by my teammates. It's our usual destination for most of the sweets we make because if we keep them here, they end up in our bellies. This year we're having a very low key celebration for Catie's birthday. After practice I'm going to make penne a la vodka + homemade bread and brussels (Catie's new favorite veggie!). Enclosed are a few pics of the making and baking of the cake. As you can see we had to test the cake to make sure it was picture worthy. Happy Birthday Mommy!

Scott & Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment