Pages

Friday, November 27, 2009

More from Grandma Sue...








Greetings, once again, from Orebro, Sweden. Going to see Scott's last home game while I'm here, a sell-out!! Reese and Mommy are staying home. Had our turkey feast last night. I contributed apple crisp and fresh appleasauce. Now turkey soup is bubbling on the stove.

It's amazing how a baby can change ones habits. Scott and Catie love to take Reese for walks. Scott never wanted to walk with me. Tuesday night we were out and about for 2 hours...even got lost and had to ask for directions. Saturday was absolutely beautiful. The sun was shining all day. We spent the better part of the afternoon in the city centre exploring new spaces, window shopping and firming up reservations for our new parents to have a date at a sushi restaurant later in the evening. I happily Reese sat, read my book and knitted.

Each day Reese is my ray of sunshine. She smiles readily at Grandma, tells me stories, and sticks out her tongue. I usually give her one bottle during the day and that, too, makes me feel so close to her. It will definitely be hard to say goodbye to her until March. Grandpa Lewis will fill my shoes very well, I'm sure.

Catie and I joined the other women from the team Monday night for an evening of wine and cooking. We made a delicious 3 course meal which included lots of laughter and bonding time. Everyone speaks English so language was not a problem. Unfortunately, the recipes were in Swedish.

Tomorrow we hit the mall for some serious shopping and Sunday, with Scott away, we hope to go for coffee and dessert at Java's, dowtown.

Time for my pregame meal. See you all state side soon. Looking forward to catching up on the news and preparing Lola and David's cottage for Christmas.

Love,
Grandma Sue
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment